Updated: Feb 1, 2021
By: Carla Rivera and Kyrsten Alvarez
If you have listened to our podcast, you have probably heard how important your personal brand is.
It is just another word for your online reputation and you have to have a say in that.
So, unless you have been living under a rock the last 10 years, chances are that you already have done something online that could help or hurt your personal brand. Here are 5 reasons why it is important to actively work on your personal brand:
1. First impressions usually come from online search vs. in person meetings and you want to be sure what they find, is what you want to be known for
2. Chances are, the more popular your are, the more people will be talking about you on social. You should have a say in your own online reputation so this is your chance to say what you want to say.
3. There are tons of others doing the same that you do who are activity working on their personal brand. Work cannot speak for itself in this noisy online environment and by staying quiet you leave opportunities to your loudest competitor.
4. People like stories, sharing why you are passionate about what you do makes you human, and not a machine working for money.
5. Make social work for you. By actively building up on your personal brand, you are leaving the heavy lifting to your online footprint when it comes to making a good impression. This comes in handy when potential clients search you, or if you are looking to make a big career move.